When I announced on Linkedin (as a joke) that I had a new framework that would change everything! I had 8 times the usual amount of hits!
We in IT like shiny new things (Agile, Lean, DevOps, ITIL4). Thinking (and hoping) that they will solve our problems, but many of our problems come from the fact that we haven’t got the basics right! And we never got the old shiny things to do what they were intended to do. I have seen this repeat in cycles over the last 40 years. Einstein once said ‘Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results’, sadly we in IT are trying to prove Einstein wrong.
Now digital transformation is the latest Industry Shiny New Thing, driving agile transformations. But 70% of transformation initiatives fail to achieve the hoped for values. Confirming Einstein’s observation. So why are they failing? What are the basics we still haven’t got right and what is the ‘Shiny New Thing’ that will make everything better? In this session Paul will look back at 40 years of experience with hundreds of organizations and will share:
- the top 5 challenges as summarized from Industry reports
- Links to 30 articles & blogs with insights and advice
- 10 ‘post-its’ containing actions for your improvement backlog
- Identify the top ABC (attitude, behavior, culture) issues preventing success
- Ten tips taken from hundreds of successful organizations
- Additional guidance and tips from practicing organizations contained in articles.